Tuesday 5 June 2012

Sean Willmott Take II

We had an article a few posts ago (HERE) about Sean Willmott being a finalist for the BBC Wild Artist of the Year competition.  Sean's answered a few questions that I've been asking my class mates; here are his response with some images of his work over the last year.

What are you exhibiting at the show?
I will be exhibiting 4 projects, 3 of them are closely linked as they are to do with animal conservation and protection and the other is a set of 5.1 surround sound speakers, hand built and hand painted that will be blasting out some tunes at the degree show.

Have you done any work outside of university?
I have done some work experience at MADISON SOHO, which is an ad/design company that work all over the world. I have also been fortunate to go work at Chimp Eden, Jane Goodall Institute South Africa where I had an amazing first hand experience working in conservation and also observing wild chimpanzees!! 








What is your preferred working environment? (studio, home, music, outside etc???) 
I like working form home but that’s because I have a separate studio, so I can get away from the distractions of being at home and crack on with some work. This also means I can put on some loud music whilst I work.

What do you like to listen to whilst working?
I have to have some sort of background noise going on when I work, otherwise I get distracted by the silence.lol I will put on a good animal documentary or American series if I’m not listening to some music. I’ve recently got into the TED talks, which are pretty interesting.

What's does your next project entail? 
I don’t have a specific project in mind just some ideas form sketchbooks that I want to finish. One of my ideas is to create some work using the WWF logo but that’s all I’m telling…


No comments:

Post a Comment